Analysis and proposed POA
CMP is a complete and comprehensive plan for qualitative improvement in Primary Education. Eight parameters have been listed out Many of these are in place in Primary Education. CMP has brought in need based thrust areas that endeavours to refine the existing procedures.
The major areas around which CMP revolves round
· Child Inspired holistic approach
- NCF 2005 curriculum, philosophy, methods and evaluation.
Developing support system
· A good stock of TLM with periodic replenishments with a stock and issue register
· Separate photocopier is in use for making competency wise / lesson wise worksheets of all the subjects / classes
· separate resource room is available with all the necessary things as per the CMP norms. Computer room ,Library and also AV room are used to show film using the LCD.
- KV IISc has a separate library room for primary children. With lot of books for them to read
- HM is coordinating the stock entry, issue register entries, accessibility of quality and quantity of books
- In the Primary library we have a TataSky connections with all Educational Programmes like Quiz, Language Games, National Geographic, Discovery, Animal Planet.
Developing Monitoring and evaluating system
v Classroom observation, scrutiny of class work tearmwise is done as per the instruction. Suitable suggestions are given and follow up of suggestions are also maintained and Xerox of observation record for December is sent to RO for kind perusal of EO.
v HM discusses each of the aspects stated in CMP and gives suitable suggestions to implement CMP in the true spirit.
v One Day Workshop was done to begin awareness among teachers to the New Methods of teaching was held in the month of August
Redesigning of time table to address the need of child friendly curriculum.
· Two block periods , CCA block periods and AV room block periods
· Principal along with HM allotted classes/ subjects accordingly to strength and abilities of teachers. Time Table is made flexibile and subject heads to plan activities in subject committee meetings on last working day.
Providing exposure to children of primary classes with special emphasis on nurturing talents.
Ø CCA calendar of activities are planned and implemented
Ø Important dates weeks / months etc to be observed highlighting its significance
Ø We celebrated Bal Diwas
Ø Over all house performance was awarded.
Ø Star speaker, Amazing artist, Worthy writer, Techno savvy, Nightingale, All rounder etc awards are being instituted to be awarded at the end of the year.
Ø CCA coordinator is maintaining a profile of gifted students counsel the parents for the furthering of talents.
Ø We had a one day worshop on gifted children by Mrs Jayashree L.K on 31.1.11
Ø Community lunch program is being organized monthly and also on children’s day
Ø We had Grandparents Day celebration in our primary section on 20.11.10.
Ø Educational excursion were arranged in the month of December
Ø Film shows are a regular feature with a definite timetable as per the schedule given by RO Bangalore . A Separate file is also Maintained for it
Ø Publication of few students are contributed to Vidyalaya Patrika
Ø Mini Sports Meet – Our school was the venue for Cluster Level Mini Sports meet .
Ø News letters are published as per the schedule given by the RO.
Creating an Enabling Environment for child inspired learning
§ Framing of comprehensive Discipline plan for corrective Discipline for the Primary. Classes
§ Teachers has done help in Guidance and Counseling to the needy children
§ HM has ensured the implementation of above programmes through discipline cell, counselling cell
§ HM has also ensured that the time is efficiently used for engaging the children in productive teaching learning activities and also to avoid the use of time for maintaining personal records etc